CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Chemo Update

Hey Guys!!!!!
Yesterday I went to the Dr for my post op check. I was having problems with my incision which turned out to be ok (YAY!!!). During the visit, I was able to get some information about the upcoming journey commonly known as Chemo.
Dr. Austin said that I will have 4 maybe 6 treatments. They will be three weeks apart and can happen on Thursday so that I can rest over the weekend and be back at work on Monday. I will loose my hair......so I am heading to my stylist to get a cute bop in anticipation of the event. (any suggestions of a cute cut would be appreciated). I also took a moment to look over some baby pictures to see what my head will look like in just a few short weeks. and I am happy to report that I have a nice head (and as I did not have a full head of hair until I was three.....there were lots of photos to look at to verify the roundness of my pretty head).
The Dr. has put me on a multi vitamin and iron in preparation for this.
While things are good.....there are a few things that need prayer.
* I am still looking for a place to live. There are some great things in the works, but I want to be sure that I am in the place that God needs me to be during this time.
* While I will be able to work through this journey, there are still some financial needs that need to be taken care of. Again, God is already moving here, but I need to have faith in HIS provisions.
* God is doing some things in my heart through this that are bringing me some clarity about where He is taken me. Please pray that this continues and that I will take it deeper and embrace the changes that are happening.

I am so thankful to God. He is taking care of every step. I can look back over the past year, in all of its chaos and see how HE has prepared me to be right here. His hand has moved me (sometimes gently and sometimes with a little bit of pain) to the places that I need to be.
Thank You for being a part of this journey. Thank You for being a part of my life.

Sitting at His Feet,
Nicole

..do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold eoth my righteous hand. Isaiah 41:10

5 comments:

baloney said...

I know that I, along with you and very delighted that you have a fabulously shaped head. We shall have to decorate it with many a colorful decoration!

Didn't know you had a blogspot... yay!

baloney said...

should be 'am very delighted'
hehe... can't type today...

Anonymous said...

There is a season for everything. I will be praying that the Lord will guide you and be your rock during this scary time. Have a good week and smile a lot....Smiles show how beautiful you are.

baloney said...

ps. i like me some chicken.

Anonymous said...

How are things going?